Thank You Veterans on Memorial Day ~ My blog about Active Directory and everything else

Monday, May 25, 2009

Thank You Veterans on Memorial Day

Today is Memorial Day in the United States. It commemorates U.S. men and women who died while in service for their country.

There are no words that can truly express my feelings. We can't give enough thanks to those that have made the ultimate sacrifice. I not only give thanks to those that made the ultimate sacrifice but also to the loved ones they left behind.

I also extend my deepest thanks to our fallen allies. We don't go into battle alone and many men and women from other countries have also made the ultimate sacrifice.

I doubt anyone I served with reads an Active Directory blog but thank you to my brothers in the Army and to anyone that has served in any branch of the military. Hooaaahhh!!

2 comments:

  1. Mike,

    I agree with everything that you said. I always make it a point to take some time to reflect on Memorial day since I have so many friends that are still in the Marine Corps two enlistments later. My room mate actually paid the ultimate price and died in Iraq just months after I got out. Here's a short article talking about Sgt. Nick Hodson:

    http://www.militarycity.com/valor/256514.html

    Another guy that I worked with and trained was also in that truck, but he survived. There's more on what happened here:

    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-5665.html

    Either way, thanks for writing this blog entry!

    Semper Fi,

    Eric Jansen

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Eric

    It's guys like Nick that we pay tribute to today. He had his entire life in front of him and made the ultimate sacrifice.

    I also believe that there should be some sort of law in place to take care of the two young sons he left behind. I'm not saying make them millionaires but at a minimum their college should be paid for (includes tuition and room and board wherever they decide to go). These boys now have to grow up without a father....paying for their college is the least we can do.

    Thank you for your service in the Marines!!!

    ReplyDelete